Tuesday 23 October 2012

Textiles

I really enjoyed textiles as a whole project as I loved the effect layering images on top of each other randomly - that way you never knew what you'd end up with. As I carefully chose colours that I knew would work with each other and particularly diverse materials as backgrounds, I loved just how many different textures and medias were achieved.
The actual process was quite laborious as we were drawing from the same objects repeatedly just with a different media or with the paper turned around. On the other hand, it was this technique that allowed me to not get too precious about my work and just experiment freely.
From the pieces we produced using this technique we then had to make two panels using marks, images and colours from our experimentation. As I found the image of the skull particularly striking, I used that but from different angles or distance in both my panels. I drew from my experience of not being scared to layer up media and experiment and did this also in my panels, this time using stitch and thread as well. The end result was my favourite piece of work I have produced so far as the amount of work that went into them was huge! The panels have a chaotic feel to them as I completed them quite freely and once again the range of textures in them in them is fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment