Tuesday 23 October 2012

Fashion

We began fashion by creating interesting 2D shapes on the wall without thinking about where and how they could be applied to a body. It was then our task after this to discover how our favourite shapes could be translated into fashion. By creating the shapes first, our ideas were much more original and complex than if we had just started out by creating clothes.
I found it difficult to begin with to figure out what to put where and started out with an overly complex mix of shapes on the mannequin that didn't look very impressive. However, after a good think about it and constantly shifting the shapes around the mannequin, I realised I would only need one of the shapes I had made that was simply arranged in different places around the body.
I really liked the sharp angles of the final shape, it looks unpredictable and unlike anything I thought I would be able to produce. Although I found the whole process quite tiresome - staring at a blank sheet of paper for such a long time just trying to think up shapes was draining - I really loved the final piece! I'm very proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment