Tuesday 23 October 2012

Fine Art

At first when we began working in art only using what was in front of us (either projecting an object and drawing around the projection, drawing around the object, or using the object to make prints) I was a little confused as to what was expected of me. It took me a while to adapt and start realising how I could make the most of what was in front of me with colours, marks and composition. As you can see from my first try (the large red hook) I was a little clueless and the overall effect is pretty messy and nondescript. However by the end (the skeleton) I knew how to combine ideas and colours effectively and was quite happy with the final piece. I began this piece with the pastel squares and didn't like how childish and basic the pattern was so I decided to juxtapose it with a black ink skeleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment